Supporting Open Science
As a leading European publisher established by and working closely with learned societies, EDP Sciences supports open access and the unrestricted dissemination of science. EDP Sciences values the four key principles of Open Science, namely Open Access, Open Data, Open Code and Open Peer Review, and seeks to advance these whenever possible.
EDP Sciences sits within an influential, international network and is pleased to publish many leading authors, including Nobel Prize laureates. EDP Sciences offers potential publishing partners a real alternative based on personalised service underlined by the values of Open Science.
Publish with EDP Sciences to maximise dissemination of your work and to help support Open Science. EDP Sciences welcomes ideas and suggestions for new publications or transfers of existing publications.
Publish with us if you are:
- Owners of established journals looking for a new direction
- Journals currently self-publishing (including society publishers, institutional library publishers, specialist publishers)
- Researchers wishing to launch a new journal
- Repositories or other organisations with an idea or proposal
EDP Sciences is an experienced open access publisher and specialises in publishing open access journals, books (EDP Open Books) and conference proceedings. Many of its journals have been awarded the DOAJ Seal for “best practice in open access publishing”.
- Online editorial management systems for quick and easy online submissions and article tracking
- Copy editing, layout and production of articles, language editing, final proofing of articles
- Hosting and technical management of journal websites
- Article identification using DOI® (Digital Object Identifier), links in references to other publishers using Crossref®, E-first, E-mail alerts, RSS feeds, an “intelligent” search engine, etc.
- Export of metadata and full-text articles to specialised databases and indexing services (ADS-Nasa, ISI, Pubmed, Medline®, Scopus, Google Scholar, Pascal, etc.)
- Export of articles to appropriate repositories as required
- Support for Open Data, Open Code and Open Peer Review
- Journal development and marketing by an experienced, international team
These services are tried and tested and contribute to improving the visibility of articles submitted by authors and the success of journals published by EDP Sciences.
Converting to Open Access to keep up to date with the needs of authors and evolving market demand. More information
An Open Access journal launch to deliver cutting-edge research. More information
Are you ready to take the next step? We would be pleased to explore your publication project with you.